This policy sets out how we handle personal information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We gather specific personal details pertaining to individuals who visit and utilize our websites. The typical forms of data we amass encompass elements like usernames, member names, email addresses, alternate contact information, payment specifics including particulars of payment agents, transaction particulars, assistance inquiries, forum remarks, and data related to web analytics. Furthermore, we might also acquire personal information through employment applications, utilizing this data to evaluate an applicant’s aptness for a job position. Any information or viewpoint regarding you as a recognizable or distinguishable individual qualifies as your “personal information.”
How we collect personal information
Personal information may be gathered in various ways: directly from you when you furnish it, automatically as you navigate our Sites, or even through intermediaries when availing services connected to the Sites.
When you supply personal information through the Sites, your action indicates your consent for us to collect and employ that data in accordance with this policy and the user terms governing each Site. Instances where you’re likely to provide personal information encompass membership registration, purchase or exchange of items/services on our Sites, subscription to newsletters/email lists, submission of feedback, participation in contests, completion of surveys, or communication directed to us.
Declining to share personal information might result in an inability for us to offer our services, potentially hindering your capacity to conduct transactions or access the complete array of features provided by our Sites.
Personal information we collect about you from others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction) and by using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services.
How do we use personal information?
We might utilize your personal information for the following purposes:
- Operational Functions: To operate the Sites and deliver the services outlined on them. This includes tasks like verifying your identity during sign-in, managing transactions on the Sites, addressing support inquiries, and aiding in dispute resolution.
- Customization: Personalizing our services and websites, including tailoring advertisements that could appear on the Sites to offer a more individualized experience.
- Operational Communications: Keeping you informed about operational news and updates related to our Sites and services. This encompasses notifying you about Site alterations, website disruptions, and security enhancements.
- Information Provision: Supplying you with information you’ve requested from us. Additionally, if we have your consent, we may offer you marketing details about products and services that align with your interests.
- Technical Enhancement: Engaging in technical analysis to identify ways to enhance the Sites and the services we provide.
- Activity Monitoring: Monitoring activity on the Sites to spot potential fraudulent actions and ensure adherence to the applicable user terms.
- Relationship Management: Managing our interactions with you, which includes responding to comments and queries submitted via the Sites, gathering feedback, and determining your interest in participating in surveys.
- Legal and Operational Affairs: Handling our legal and operational requirements to ensure smooth functioning.
- Staff Training: Training our Sports Betting Digest personnel to effectively serve our community.
- Administrative and Performance Tasks: Providing general administrative functions and activities to maintain optimal performance.
When may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to people like;
- companies that are in the Sports Betting Digest group of companies
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information (as set out above)
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- other people where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
We use a network of global subcontractors and service providers in order to ensure that we maintain the best possible service standards. Some of the subcontractors and service providers to whom we may disclose your personal information, like service providers who provide us with cloud storage solutions, are based outside the Nigeria. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How do we store your personal information?
We store personal information on servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Choices regarding control of your personal information
With your consent, demonstrated by actions like subscribing to our email lists or indicating interest in receiving offers and information, we may send marketing communications regarding products and services we believe would pique your interest. If you prefer not to receive such communications going forward, you have the option to opt-out.
Should your email address change and you wish to continue receiving our emails, you must access your account, update your email information, and re-subscribe to the specific emails you wish to receive.
For emails containing promotional content, we generally include an “unsubscribe” mechanism, allowing you to opt out of future correspondence. To exercise this, simply follow the instructions outlined in the email. It’s important to note that essential operational and service-related emails encompassing subjects like your purchases, user terms, crucial updates, and vital information might not provide an opt-out feature. By utilizing our Sites, you acknowledge that such opt-out provisions might not be included in these types of messages.
You also maintain authority over your cookie preferences, as elucidated below. By adjusting your browser settings, you can opt to accept all cookies, receive notifications when cookies are placed, or reject all cookies. Nonetheless, declining cookies might result in certain sections of our Sites not functioning properly for you.
Cookies and web analytics
Cookies are used to enhance your use of the Sites, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to minimise or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the Sites. For general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true identity. The term for this is ‘web analytics information’, and we only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- date and time information of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- pages which you have accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- details of file size you look at
- the website which referred you to our Sites
- the operating system which your computer uses
Information about children
Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 18 years, so if you are under 18 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that information. There are lots of ways that you may find yourself providing information to other people, like when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user via our Sites.
When we need to update this policy
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway. We’ll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Sites – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to us. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.